# Grammalecte for Firefox and Chrome and for Thunderbird
This extension offers a grammar checking tool for the French Language.
The grammar checker runs in a Worker launched from the background script.
And text are analysed at users request. Results are displayed within
Content-scripts <---> Background <---> Grammar checker (Worker)
### Folders in the addon
* grammalecte: the grammar checker (receive texts, analyse it and send back results).
* content_scripts (what is run in content-scripts).
* panel: browser_action panel, and other webpages (lexicon editor, conjugueur and other stuff).
### Building the extension
Extensions for LibreOffice, Firefox/Chrome and Thunderbird are generated in the folder `_build`.
* Python 3.7+ > [download](https://www.python.org/)
* NodeJS > [download](https://nodejs.org/)
* npm (should be installed with NodeJS)
* web-ext > [instructions](https://extensionworkshop.com/documentation/develop/getting-started-with-web-ext/)
Command to build:
make.py fr -js
Build and rebuild data (may be not deterministic):
make.py fr -js -b -d
If you got the source code from a zip archive, you must first uncompress the archive
in `gc_lang/fr/dictionnaire/lexique/corpus_data`. (It isn’t possible to upload the
source code as is to Mozilla website, as these files are considered too big).
The MailExtension is built upon the Grammalecte [WebExtension](https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/grammalecte-fr/)
Both extensions use the same code. Only one file differs: manifest.json